Thursday, June 12, 2008

My first time...

So here it is...my first blog. Not even sure if anyone will read this or why I made it. Guess I'm making it because it's the thing to do now a days.

My blog is titled "Faith, Family, Friends, and Football." These are the four things that give meaning to my life. Fortunately, there are many aspects to each of these four. I'm not so shallow to think, however, that football is up there w/ my Catholic Faith and Krissie. Each of these four can stand on their own, but they are truley intersect at numerous points in my life.

I believe that my life has been shaped dramatically by these four things. I especially look to these four for life lessons to be shared with those close to me.

Krissie is away at Semester at Sea. She will be gone until August 22nd. That's about ten weeks for those who are counting. It's tough having her gone, but we are going to make it a means of making our relationship stronger. I'm awefully proud of all that she is accomplishing on this trip. It's incredible to imagine all that she will see on this trip!!

Off to Indiana tomorrow for a family wedding and father's day. My buddy Mitch and his wife Becky and son Charley are moving into their new home this weekend and I'm kind of bummed that I'm not there to help, as I'm sure they'd be there for Krissie and I if we were moving. But, it's important to be at family weddings and Father's Day. The wedding is a bit non-traditional, the reception at least. I'm not sure what to expect but the rumor is that we are going to the "Neon Cactus" as the majority of the reception. Not exactly the place I'd normally hang out at. But, that's OK. Hopefully people will make it to our wedding in Detroit.

No comments: