Friday, July 4, 2008

A little this..a little that

Happy Fourth of July! America is officially 232 years old...still just a baby per historical standings.

Krissie is still in Russia and will be there one more day. I have to admit, I've been pretty nervous about her being in Russia. Her first email messages to me about St. Pete was that it was a dangerous city full of skinheads and Nazi's hell bent on harassing/beating those that don't look much like they belong in St. Pete. She now assures me that she is doing fine and is sticking to the safe parts of the country. To those who are praying for her...keep them coming. I've enlisted a number of angels (Ben, Nana and Papaw, Grami, her Dad and Grandpa Ross, etc) to keep any eye on her. While I haven't prayed as much as I would like, I am getting in a few prayers a day. I hope that will be enough to bring her home safe!!

Did you know there is a prayer you can say that asks your Guardian Angel to keep you safe? Did you know you even have a Guardian Angel? We all do! That God for that! Here is the prayer...

Prayer to my Guardian Angel
Angel of God, my guardian dear;
To whom God's love commits me hear;
Ever this day be at my side;
To light, to guard, to rule, to guide. Amen

Quick and simple, but effective.

Not much going on in the world of sports right now, at least those that I follow. NFL training camps will be starting up soon. I think the traditional NFL powerhouses should be at the top of their games again this year. Your's truely's Colts should have a good team. Although, Tyjuan Hagler, their starting Will (weakside) linebacker tore his pectoral muscle in an offseason workout this week. The Colts are already young at that position and can't afford to become any younger. However, their defensive scheme (4-3, Cover 2) has served them well, despite injuries these past few years.

The Irish are predicted to improve this year, possibly making a second tier bowl game. It will be good for their young talent to get a taste for winning so that they are ready to make a run at a serious bowl game, maybe even a National Championship in the next few years.

I moved into my new office today. Pretty comfortable if you ask me...floor to ceiling windows, central air, wrap around desk, updated furniture, etc. I'm not quite sure if I deserve such a swank place. But, this is where I've been placed and I feel all the more fortunate for it! This new position should challenge me like I had hoped OSU would. I'm still not certain that this place is the kind of place I plan to spend many years at. This is the same way I felt applying here in the first place. But, it is good for me to experience a research I and Big 10 school before kids come along for Krissie and I. I do think that she would prefer to stay here in Columbus for as long as we can. Though, she is supportive and says we can go anywhere is necessary. It would be tough for me to move her from here as it is the place she feels is the most like home for her.

Well..off to bed. Don't forget your prayers for Krissie!!! I appreciate it more than you know!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Why am I just now learning about this blog? So glad I found it! Good stuff. Hope to get together soon - Charley sure does miss you (we may a bit too!)